Who can apply for an open work permit?
An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:
- a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada, or
- proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
- are under an unenforceable removal order
- are a temporary resident permit holder
- are a young worker participating in special programs
In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.
Get In Touch
Like Us On
Keep in touch
Address : SCO 50, Gillco Valley, Kharar (Mohali) Punjab – 140301
Phone : +91 90411-98511, +91 81465-50057
Email : email@example.com
Dream for abroad education, then Traust Overseas offers a one-stop solution to all your queries.